Friday 4 June 2010

June 2010: Ravensbourne College. Greenwich Peninsular. London.




Working late one night at the O2 in Greenwich, I came out to be confronted by the setting sun hitting Foreign Office Architects new building for Ravensbourne College. A cool and interesting building covered in tiles inspired by gothic rose windows and flower patterns interpreted as an abstract mathematical construction. Too good an opportunity to bypass I got the camera out and took a couple of quick shots. A fitting location for a digital media and design college with seven different shaped windows created using only three tile shapes. To my eye the building reminds me somehow of Gaudi and his work in Barcelona. I’d love the opportunity to spend more time photographing the building properly once all the hoardings are down and be the photographer responsible for all the marketing shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment